Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Three Hours Of My Life Looted by Pirates

So, DH & I spent a few pieces of eight (yeah, it would have been less if he hadn't insisted on ordering the BIG COMBINATION SUPER PACK of a humongous tub of popcorn and 2 supersize drinks!) and saw PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END last Friday.

Well, a Pirates movie is always fun to watch, whatever it is. You can't beat Johnny, Orlando, Keira, and also Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa. And this one was enjoyable enough. But it was so bloated and convoluted and LONG, with a plot that I couldn't really figure out and some VERY weird scenes. Who could tell who was alive, dead, or undead, anyway? It was just strange, and disappointing. It could have been so much better.

It did contain one of the more interesting on-screen weddings I've ever seen--and I kept myself amused by noting the fact that of the dozens of people we see onscreen--only 2 have decent teeth! (Well, perhaps the British officers did OK in the dental department, too, but most of the screen time is taken up by some of the most disgusting smiles you'll ever see.)

Anyhow, I agree with our local paper's reviewer--too much, too strange, too confusing. I'll watch Captain Jack Sparrow any day, but I really do wish the film had been much better.

No comments: